WSW can assess your wind potential and design a customized, state-of-the-art wind system to meet your needs. Contact us for a site evaluation and consultation.
Incentives are available for purchasing and installing a wind power system, including a 30% federal tax credit.
Wind system pricing and specs are in some ways similar to other renewable power systems. The following cost factors reflect some key points that determine wind power system pricing.
- Wind turbine size (kW)
- Site potential for wind energy production: average wind speed and physical airflow obstructions
- Distance of wind turbine in relation to where the power is stored and used
- Type of wind turbine mounting tower
- If required, type of diversion load(s)
- Whether or not the system will include a battery bank for energy storage
- Battery bank size required to meet energy storage needs
- Whether or not the system will include integration with other generation sources, such as PV modules
- Whether or not the system will include a fossil-fueled generator for backup power