WSW can assess your site potential and design a micro-hydro system to meet your needs. Contact us for a site evaluation and consultation.
Micro-hydro system pricing and specs are in some ways similar to other renewable power systems. They require a battery bank to store usable electricity. The following cost factors reflect some key points that determine system pricing.
- Micro-hydro turbine size (kW) and type
- Site potential for micro-hydro energy production: water flow and water head
- Length and route needed for water pipeline
- Distance of micro-hydro turbine in relation to where the power is stored and used
- Battery bank size required to meet energy storage needs
- If required, type of diversion load(s)
- Whether or not the system will include integration with other generation sources, such as PV modules
- Whether or not the system will include a fossil-fueled generator for backup power
Incentives are available for purchasing and installing a micro-hydro power system, including a 30% federal tax credit.