Location: Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA
Company: Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC
Type: Half to full-time, permanent, depending on experience, interest, and training lead-time needed. Optional temporary position may be possible.
Whidbey Sun & Wind has an Electrician position open with our installation crew. Our ideal candidate lives within commuting distance of Coupeville, has experience and interest with renewable energy, and enjoys living within the Olympic rain shadow in a rural setting. If you have the qualifications, positive attitude and desire to make a difference the world, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primarily: electrical work for grid-interactive, solar photovoltaic systems;
- Also: electrical work for off-grid, battery-backup, small wind power and solar water heating systems;
- Lead installation or support our existing electricians;
- Supervise experienced and new electrical trainees;
- Licensed 01 (preferred) or 02 electrician in Washington State;
- Passionate about renewable energy and sustainability
- Live within sustainable commuting distance of Coupeville;
- Interpret drawings & plans;
- Work from ladders, and scaffolding, on roofs and towers, with ropes, harness and PPE when necessary;
- Lift equipment up to 60 pounds;
- Good work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Flexible with schedule and dealing with change and unexpected events;
- Ability to travel and stay away from home for brief periods when necessary;
- Ability to use a computer, email and mobile phone, and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to drive a vehicle, valid license, and have reliable transportation to and from office or job sites;
- Previous training, experience, or education in the renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Compensation is hourly wage, competitive and commensurate with experience and license;
- Profit sharing;
- Flex-time bonus pay, increases with seniority;
- Health insurance stipend;
- CE training support;
- Do good for the planet with a renewable energy career!
About Whidbey Sun & Wind
Whidbey Sun & Wind (WSW) is a leading renewable energy design & installation company in the Pacific Northwest. Founded in 2000, WSW is a licensed general and electrical contractor. WSW is located in Coupeville, central Whidbey Island, and provides renewable energy systems throughout the northern Puget Sound region. WSW is a full-service renewable energy company, providing consulting, design, installation, service, and maintenance for solar power, solar water heating, wind power and micro-hydro systems.
WSW cares deeply about our team members, community, and sustainability. WSW values and supports education and training for our team members. Five team members are NABCEP-certified PV installers.